- Physical activity/exercise interventions for management of Obesity and Non-communicable diseases.
- Podiatry and lower limb biomechanics
- Sports, Exercise and Human Movement
- Development of the Sports and Exercise Medicine Unit at Faculty of Medicine University of Colombo for the first time. ( Rs 15 million received by Faculty of Medicine University of Colombo)
- National Science Foundation Sri Lanka research grant for development of tools for screening and treating diabetes and related foot complications through biomedical engineering innovations 2016 ( Rs. 12 million) - Team member.
- Research and Higher Degree/PhD tuition fee scholarship 2015 (Aus $ 121,000) Queensland University of Technology Brisbane Australia.
- University Grants Commission Sri Lanka, research grant for PhD 2014 (Rs 3,500,000.00).
- University of Colombo Sri Lanka research grant for PhD 2014 (Rs 1,500,000.00).
- University of Oxford UK, bursary to attend ‘Prevention Strategies for Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs)’ - Short course Department for Continuing Education Continuing Professional Development Centre University of Oxford, UK. Sep 1-6, 2013 (UK Pounds 2,350).
- Travel grant-National Science Foundation (NSF) Sri Lanka. Overseas Special Training Program (OSTP) scholarship July 9.2013.(Rs. 145000.00)
- EASD (European Association for the Study of Diabetes) scholarship to attend -6th Robert Turner Clinical Research Course, University of Oxford .UK. March 23-27, 2009.
- Travel grant - European Association for Study of Diabetes (EASD) travel grant 2009 – Robert Turner Clinical Research Course, UK. March 23-27, 2009 (Euro 1000).