Current research interests:
- Sudies on pathogensis, molecular charatecrization of the pathogen and development of diagnostic assays for Dengue and Leptospirosis
- Effect of Anti-oxidants and oxidative stress in Dengue infections and CKDU
- Sudies on genetics of Immunodeficiency [Chronic Granulomatous Disesase (CGD) & Common Variable Immunodeficiency (CVID)]
- Studies on Immunochemical characterization of bee venom
- Studies on icomparison and development of mmunodiagnostics for+ leptospirosis
- Bioactivities of medicinal plants: anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-malarial and other bioactivities
Previous research interests
- Molecular aspects of malaria: Diversity of genes coding for malaria antigens.
- Studies on molecular basis of pathogenesis of Plasmodium falciparum malaria; Parasite and host factors involved in pathogenesis.
- The efficacy testing and development of merozoite surface protein-1 based vaccine for vivax malaria and the development of in vitro correlates of protective immunity.
- Immuno-epidemiology of malaria vaccine candidates and in vivo correlates of protective immunity.
- Drug‑resistance in falciparum and P. vivax malaria.
- Parasitological and entomological studies for characterization of a field site for evaluation of malaria vaccines